Frequently Asked Questions
What’s your refund policy and/or what happens if Eat, Dance, Travel: Jamaica is cancelled due to the Coronavirus pandemic?
If you choose to cancel your Eat, Dance, Travel: Jamaica trip for any reason and provide written notice to us of your cancellation:
- On or before February 28, 2021, you will receive a refund of 75% of the payment you made for the Activities;
- Between March 1, 2021 and June 30, 2021, you will receive a refund of 50% of the payment you made for the Activities; or
- Between July 1, 2021 and August 31, 2021, you will receive a refund of 25% of the payment you have made for activities; or
- On or after Sept 1, 2021, you will not receive a refund in any amount.
- The refund amount is based upon the sale price of the Activities and does not include any transaction or other related fees.
- Should my account not be in good standing (i.e. 1 missed payment or more), I am not eligible for refund payments of ANY amount.
If we decide to cancel Eat, Dance, Travel: Jamaica due to the current pandemic, we intend to offer you the following options:
- Secure your spot and direct your deposit and payments made to Eat, Dance, Travel: Jamaica 2022. You’ll lock in your package with 2021 pricing and we’ll advise you of your new payment plan.
- Secure your spot and direct your deposit and payments made to Ultimate Trinidad Carnival 2022 in February 2022. We’ll advise you of your new payment plan.
- Secure your spot and direct your deposit and payments to Ultimate Crop Over 2022 in August 2022. We’ll advise you of your new payment plan.
- Provide you with a full refund, less any irrecoverable fees or costs incurred to date.
- Please note: should your account not be in good standing (i.e. 1 missed payment or more), you are not eligible for refund payments of ANY amount.
Please also read our full terms and conditions below.
What are your full terms and conditions (including your refund policy)?
Please see below for our full terms and conditions including our refund policy.
Eat, Dance, Travel: Jamaica Waiver and Release Agreement
Participant Waiver and Release Agreement
In consideration of partaking in the travel event and activities (“the “Activities”) hosted and planned by Events by Ashe, LLC (the “Company”), I agree as follows:
– I am aware and understand that the Activities can be dangerous and involve the risk of serious injury, death and/or property damage.
– I acknowledge that any injuries that I may sustain may be compounded by negligent emergency response or rescue operations of the Company or a third party.
– I acknowledge that I am voluntarily participating in the Activities with the knowledge of the danger involved and agree to accept and assume any and all risks of injury, death and property damage whether caused by the negligence of the Company or otherwise.
– I expressly waive and release any and all claims, now known or hereafter known in any jurisdiction throughout the world, against the Company and its members, officers, employees, agents, successors and assigns (the “Releasees”) on account of injury, death and property damage arising out of or attributable to my participation in the Activities, whether arising out of the negligence of the Company or any Releasees or otherwise.
– I agree not to make or bring any such claim against the Company or any Releasees.I will defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Company and the Releasees against any and all losses, damages, liabilities, claims, actions, judgments, settlements, interest, awards, penalties, fines, costs or expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and other costs of enforcing this Waiver and Release).
I grant to the Company the following irrevocable rights:
– The right to record my voice and image, by any technology or means, while participating in the Activities;
– The right to copy, use, publicly display, reproduce and distribute the recordings and images on the Company’s website and in marketing and promotional materials (of any technology or means) for use by the Company; and
– The right, title and interest, including any and all copyright, I may have in the recordings or images.
– I agree that I will not receive any compensation or remuneration whatsoever, now or in the future, from the Company or the Releasees in connection with any recording or image taken of me, by any technology or means, while participating in the Activities.
The Company will not be liable or responsible, nor will it be deemed to have defaulted or breached its commitment to provide you with the Activities, for any failure, change or delay in fulfilling or performing the Activities, when such failure, change or delay is caused by or results from acts beyond the Company’s reasonable control, including, without limitation, acts of God; flood, fire or explosion; war, invasion, riot or other civil unrest; actions, embargoes or blockades in effect on or after the planned date of the Activities; national or regional emergencies; strikes, labor stoppages or slowdowns or other industrial disturbances; shortage or malfunction of adequate power or telecommunications or transportation operations; any other event which is beyond the reasonable control of the Company.
In the event that I cancel my participation in the Activities, I understand that the Company’s refund policy is as follows:
If I provide written notice to the Company of my cancellation:
– On or before February 28, 2021, I will receive a refund of 75% of the payment I made for the Activities;
– Between March 1, 2021 and June 30, 2021, I will receive a refund of 50% of the payment I made for the Activities; or
– Between July 1, 2021 and August 31, 2021, I will receive a refund of 25% of the payment I have made for activities; or
– On or after Sept 1, 2021, I will not receive a refund in any amount.
– The refund amount is based upon the sale price of the Activities and does not include any transaction or other related fees.
– Should my account not be in good standing (i.e. 1 missed payment or more), I am not eligible for refund payments of ANY amount.
In the event that I would like to transfer my participation in the Activities to another individual, the Company may, but it not required to allow me to do so. If the Company approves of the transfer, the following requirements will apply:
– I must comply with any requirements identified by the Company at the time of transfer, including, but not limited to completed a transfer form provided by the Company;
– The transferee must complete all required Company paperwork, including, but not limited to, his or her agreement to this Waiver and Release and an agreement to provide any additional required payment;
– If the transfer is fully completed before July 1, 2021, then the Company should be able to adjust any arrangements to conform to the transferee. The Company will do its best to accommodate this transition.
Force Majeure Clause:
1. The Company shall not be deemed to have defaulted under or breached this Agreement, for any failure or delay in fulfilling or performing any term of this Agreement, when and to the extent such failure or delay is caused by or results from the following force majeure events (“Force Majeure Event(s)”): (a) acts of God; (b) flood, fire, earthquake, other potential disaster(s) or catastrophe(s), such as contagious disease epidemics, or explosion(s),; (c) war, invasion, hostilities (whether war is declared or not), terrorist threats or acts, riot or other civil unrest; (d) government order or law, such as travel restrictions or mandated quarantines; (e) actions, embargoes or blockades in effect on or after the date of this Agreement; (f) action by any governmental authority; (g) national or regional emergency; and (h) other similar events occurring in the destination country beyond the reasonable control of the Company impacted by the Force Majeure Event.
2. The Company shall give notice within 180 days of the Force Majeure Event to the other party of this agreement, stating the period the occurrence is expected to continue and the recourse of actions the Company intends to employ.
3. Refunds. At the time of notice from the Company of the Force Majeure Event, the Company will assess if any refunds will be issued to the travelers at that time. Any refunds distributed will not exceed 75% of the amount of payments received for the Activities of the travel event thus far. Any payment deemed nonrefundable by the Company, will be treated as a credit. The credit can be used and applied towards future travel events hosted by the Company.
In the case that the Force Majeure Event has ended, but as a result, has caused the travel event to be commercially impracticable for the Company to continue for reasons such as low registration or unanticipated spike of the cost of the Activities or the travel event, the Company will assess the refund policy it will employ and notify the travelers at that time.
In assessing if any refunds will be issued, the Company will consider the following factors: 1) whether the Company has incurred expenses or expended money for the Activities of the travel event; 2) the inflation of the cost of expenses due to the Force Majeure Event; 3) economic disruptions caused by the Force Majeure Event; 4) low registration of the travel event due to the Force Majeure Event; 5) any agreements with third party vendors that the Company is contractually obligated to fulfill notwithstanding the Force Majeure Event, and 6) other financial considerations that may be implicated as of a result of the Force Majeure Event.
4. Discontinuation of Payments. In the case that the Force Majeure Event is expected to cause a cancellation of the travel event, the traveler will not be required to render anymore payments to the Company for the cancelled travel event until after the Force Majeure Event has ended and 30 days after the traveler receives the rescheduled date of the travel event.
The Company represents and warrants that it will provide the Activities using personnel of required skill, experience and qualifications and in a professional and workmanlike manner in accordance with generally recognized industry standards for similar services. Except for this warranty, the Company makes no warranty whatsoever with respect to its services. In the event that I am unsatisfied with the Activities, I understand that the Company may, in its sole discretion, either re-perform its services (or the alleged defective part) or refund the price of the Activities (or the alleged defective part); however, this remedy will be my sole and exclusive remedy and the Company’s entire liability for any breach of the limited warranty described in this Agreement.
This Waiver and Release is binding on and inures to the benefits of the Company and me and our respective successors and assigns.
All matters arising out of or relating to this Waiver and Release will be governed and construed by the laws of the State of North Carolina, United States. Any claim or cause of action arising under this Waiver and Release may be brought only in the federal and state courts located in Durham, Durham County, North Carolina, United States.
BY CHECKING THE BOX ABOVE:
– I WARRANT THAT I HAVE FULLY READ THIS LIABILITY WAIVER AND RELEASE;
– I UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS AND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT;
– I AM SIGNING THE WAIVER AND RELEASE FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT;
– I INTEND FOR THE ACT OF CHECKING THE BOX BELOW TO SERVE AS MY ELECTRONIC SIGNATURE WHICH WILL HAVE THE SAME FORCE AND EFFECT AS A MANUAL SIGNATURE; AND
– I AM OVER THE AGE OF 18 AND CAN LEGALLY CONSENT TO THIS WAIVER AND RELEASE.
Do I need a special Visa or other documents to travel to Jamaica?
No. The only things you need to travel to Jamaica are your passport valid for 6 months after the date of your travel and a round trip ticket.
Are flights included in your packages?
Our packages are Land Only Packages, since our clients typically enjoy the freedom of booking their own flights. However, if you would like assistance with this, we can help. Please contact us.
How does the Easy Payment Plan work?
Eat, Dance, Travel: Jamaica – once you make your $150 US deposit, you’ll then be invoiced for a monthly payment until your package is paid in full. All final payments due by April 30, 2021.
For more detailed payment information, please visit our main webpage – click here.
What’s included in Eat, Dance, Travel: Jamaica?
For more detailed package information, please visit our main webpage – click here.
Watch videos about Eat, Dance, Travel: Jamaica!
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY ABOUT WORKING WITH US
Thank you for the time and effort you put into making this a great experience. This was wonderful and the quality of your business is definitely 5 stars! Thank you!
The best part about working with Events by Ashé was that everything is done for you. Transportation, accommodation, fetes, etc. And there’s still enough free time to enjoy on your own. I liked that we had the schedule and you just show up at the appointed meeting place at the right time. I was also very happy that everyone in the group looked out for each other while we were out at the events.
Everything was taken care of so I didn’t have to worry about anything. No wondering where to go, how I was going to get there, how much it cost, where to get my costume, etc. No worries