Friday Facebook Live: A Trini Christmas Experience
Hello! It’s your girl Esha here. Welcome to our blog Carnivalista Lifestyle, our blog where we help busy, professional women discover new cultures, attract what they want, love themselves and be comfortable in their own skin.
Today’s Friday Facebook Live today was all about A Trini Christmas Experience. And if you haven’t ever had a Trinidad Christmas, then you’re in for a treat!
I talked all about Trini Christmas foods, drinks and de lime. Not sure what a lime is? Watch the video below to find out!
Here’s the video:
Mentioned in the video:
- Trini Christmas foods: cook along live to learn how to make pastelle pie, ginger beer and De Gingerango (Esha’s accidentally created drink) during Caribbean Cook Up! For more info, click here.
- Trini Christmas drinks: bring drinks, bring drinks is a common refrain in any Trini household during the holidays. From my faves sorrel and ginger beer to ponche a creme, adding these delicious libations to your holidays will definitely make it merry! With your registration of Caribbean Cook Up, you’ll also get a 10-page recipe booklet with these recipes. Check it out here.
- Recipes in the 10-page booklet you ask? smoked turkey, Trini Christmas rice, stew peas, cassava salad, pastelle pie, sorrel, ginger beer and De Gingerango 😉
- Trini Christmas lime: it’s all about de lime. In case you’re not familiar with this term, this is loosely used to describe any gathering of Trinis where food, drinks and of course, music is present. And a Trini Christmas isn’t complete without parang, THE music played everywhere. Here are 2 links to get your fix or get introduced to this infectious and completely danceable music:
- DJ Jel Parang mix: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuhCuIpOQ6g&t=2s
- And Pandora even has a Caribbean Christmas radio station (who knew?): https://pandora.app.link/J6vTCdT1jcb
Now over to you: What are you drinking, cooking and listening to over the holidays? Leave me a comment below!
I know things look very different this year for many of us, but I urge you to make the best of it. Keep loved ones close, eat some good food and drinks and celebrate getting through this year!
Til de next (Trini) lime,
About Esha: As an event planner and travel curator with over 20 years of experience (whose been to 5 out of the 7 continents), Esha’s helped professional women who don’t have the time, energy, or resources to plan their own vacations so they can travel and enjoy unique, life-changing Caribbean experiences. Click the links below to learn more!