Friday Facebook Live: detox update and my top 3 planning tips
Welcome! Carnivalista Lifestyle is a blog abou travel, food and of course, Carnival! Our mission is to help busy, professional women discover new cultures, attract what they want, love themselves and be comfortable in their own skin. It’s your girl Esha here, and in my Friday Facebook Live today, I gave a quick detox update and I shared my top 3 planning tips.
Here’s the video for more:
My top 3 planning tips:
Here are my top 3 planning tips that have helped me stay on top of my projects while juggling personal and professional commitments.
(1) Have 1 system/process
- When my planning has fallen to the side, I usually find that I’m trying to use too many things at the same time or putting things in multiple places. Try using 1 thing to organize your items, brainstorm your project steps,etc. E.g. have one place for your keys or purse, have 1 app that lists what you need to buy and 1 place that holds your schedule. If you’re swimming in pieces of paper or sticky notes, this one thing will change everything!
- For me, my Passion planner tracks my daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly tasks. I’ve been using a Passion Planner everyday for the past 4 years and everything is in there. I use technology to schedule meetings but I always hand write it in my calendar daily, so I know what meetings I have and what I’m working on at any given time. Then I plan my other daily tasks around my meetings by priority.
- If you’d like to try Passion Planner for free (I’m not an affiliate) – click here.
- To get started, you might also want to join me for my 1st Plan with me virtual event! To get a reminder on Facebook, join the event by clicking here.
(2) Make a decision
- If I feel like a plan isn’t coming together, it’s usually because I haven’t made a decision about what to do. Even when my thoughts feel scattered it’s usually because I’m waffling on a decision about how to move forward.
- For you, it might feel like a project is stalled, or you may feel like you’re not making progress.
- Do it. Make the decision, set your intention and move forward. You’ll be surprised how freeing just making the decision can feel.
(3) Take baby steps
- Sometimes when my planning is stalled, it’s because the entire project feels too big to tackle. I stall because I don’t know where to start. Overwhelm is real; especially these days, am I right?
- To work around that, start small. Make small actions that will affect the ending outcome of the project.
- What I like to do is to get everything out of my head and into my planner. I start at the top of the page with the big project and then I write all of the big and little steps that need to happen. This process immediately helps me to feel less overwhelmed!
- I then take the smaller steps and plug them into my planner at future dates/time frames to do. Whether it’s later on in the week, next month or later in the year, I make a note of the smaller actions that need to happen.
I hope these planning tips are helpful for you!
Here are the links to what I mentioned in the video:
- The Clean book (detox program) – click here.
- Namu in Durham (Korean food restaurant) – click here.
- Download Passion Planner for free – click here.
- The 1st Plan with me event – click here to join me on October 30!
Now over to you: what are your best planning tips? Leave me a comment below.
Til de next lime,
About Esha: As an event planner with over 20 years of experience (whose been to 5 out of the 7 continents), Esha’s helped professional women who don’t have the time, energy, or resources to plan their own vacations so they can travel and enjoy unique, life-changing Caribbean experiences. You can call us at (919) 697-8772 or click the links below to learn more!