Hobbies update: what have I been sewing?
Happy Travel Tuesday! It’s your girl Esha here. Thanks for stopping by Carnivalista Lifestyle, a blog where we help busy, professional women discover new cultures, attract what they want, love themselves and be comfortable in their own skin. And I hope you’ll “travel” with me as I review what I’ve been sewing for the past few months.
This really is virtual travel since my sewing projects showcase fabrics from India, France and Ghana! Watch the video below for more…
What I mentioned in the video (sewing patterns, etc.)
- Playsuit sewing pattern: Make it Simple book by Tilly and the Buttons
- Fabric from MACPRI (Mother Africa Children PRImary): direct message for fabric.
- Linen top sewing pattern: Vogue 9191
- Fabric from Fabricland in Toronto. I bought this fabric a really looooong time ago!
- Brya pants sewing pattern: Mood Fabrics free sewing pattern
- Fabric from Joanns: Rayon jersey fabric in black. They don’t have black in this fabric, but there are several other types of fabric that could work with this pattern.
- African print kimono (view C, I hacked the sewing pattern): Simplicity 1108
- The fabric used for the top half, I bought in Paris in 2011/2012. The fabric used for the bottom half and the sleeves is from MACPRI (Mother Africa Children PRImary): direct message for fabric.
- Silk kimono (view B): Simplicity 1108
- The fabric used for the top half was gifted from Fabricland in Toronto. The fabric used for the kimono band was bought in India back in 2016.
- Wrap pants sewing pattern: Vogue 9191
- Same fabric as the linen top above. Fabric from Fabricland in Toronto. I bought this fabric a really looooong time ago!
Future sewing plans:
- How I discovered my style and got my closet life in order: the Curated Closet by Anuschka Rees
- Self drafted top course: Patternmaking + design (the bodice sloper)
- Tops with creative details patterns and fabric:
- New Look 5213. Fabric from Emerald Curtain Fabric (last I checked they still had some in retail). I highly recommend purchasing fabric from this company!
- Butterick B5785 (out of print). Mint green fabric purchased in India, blue linen fabric purchased at Fabricland in Toronto.
- Very easy, very Vogue V8854 and Style Sew Me Lisa Loungewear pattern. Navy blue ponte fabric from Mood Fabrics. Cream cotton jersey fabric with hearts from Emerald Curtain Fabric (last I checked they still had some in retail). Maroon terry cloth fabric purchased at Fabricland in Toronto.
I hope you enjoyed watching my sewing creations!
Leave me a comment below: which outfit is your fave? Outfit 1, 2 or 3?
Til de next lime,
About Esha: As an event planner and travel curator with over 20 years of experience (whose been to 5 out of the 7 continents), Esha’s helped professional women who don’t have the time, energy, or resources to plan their own vacations so they can travel and enjoy unique, life-changing Caribbean experiences. Click the links below to learn more!