#9 of the top 10 things to experience during Trinidad Carnival time
Happy Fri-yay! Welcome to our blog Carnivalista Lifestyle, where we help busy, professional women discover new cultures, attract what they want, love themselves and be comfortable in their own skin. It’s your girl Esha here. And, if you’re reading this, you must be curious about Trinidad Carnival time and what to do, right? This is a continuation of our video series of the 10 things to do there, so read on for more!
Get started with the video replay below:
#9 of the 10 things to experience during Trinidad Carnival time
Getting immersed in a new culture
When we created Ultimate Trinidad Carnival back in 2011, this was very important for us. And that’s because when we travel, we really like to get into a country’s culture! We’ll eat with the locals, hang out where they hang out, learn a bit of the local language(s) and dance to the music – you get the point.
And you’ll get the same when you go to Trinidad Carnival. We especially know this happens by our client’s experiences. When they return home, most (if not) all of our Carnivalistas can’t stop:
- Listening to soca
- Drinking from their fete cup(s)
- Longingly looking at their mas headpiece
All because they’ve been immersed in a completely new culture. They’ve had the most amazing time of their lives, it was all seamless and easy for them (they didn’t have to plan any of it)!
Here’s what you will definitely want to immerse yourself in during Trinidad Carnival time
You better do these things:
- Party hard – go to the most popular fetes during Carnival time. Many of the most popular parties (also known as fetes) during Trinidad Carnival time are all-inclusive. Trust me, these will have you spoiled! Add to that partying outdoors with the warm Caribbean breeze on your skin? You’ll be ruined for life!
- Be a Carnival pro by getting immersed in 2 of Trinidad Carnival’s largest festivals – J’ouvert and the Carnival parade. Not only will you enjoy dancing through the streets, you’ll also become initmately familiar with sweet soca music! Trust that you will begin randomly spouting soca lyrics! Even if you’d never known anything about soca music before you went to Trinidad Carnival, this can definitely happen to you. If that isn’t a sign of complete immersion, I don’t know what is!
- Complete and total food immersion. You’ll definitely eat like a Trini! Try everything you can from roti, to fry bake, to saltfish buljol and doubles. You’ll be well versed (and “well eaten” lol) in the local cuisine by the time you (tearfully) leave TnT.
That’s it for #9 of the top 10 things to experience during Trinidad Carnival time. And if all of this is making you excited, then why not come with us to Trinidad Carnival next time? To find out more about the next Ultimate Trinidad Carnival experience, go to our website: click here.
Now over to you:
Do you like to immerse yourself in new cultures whenever you travel somewhere new? Let me know below!
To get on our mailing list so you can keep up with the rest of the countdown, sign up for our Trinidad Carnival checklist! Click here to do that.
Til de next lime,
About Esha: As an event planner and travel curator with over 20 years of experience (whose been to 5 out of the 7 continents), Esha’s helped professional women who don’t have the time, energy, or resources to plan their own vacations so they can travel and enjoy unique, life-changing Caribbean experiences. Visit our website or click the links below to learn more!